Have you considered incorporating wood into your home?
This article has a variety of different ways to do so that are more creative than having just one.
Different Ways To Incorporate Wood Into Your Space
There are endless ways to incorporate wood into your home space, no matter what style you prefer.
Here are a few interesting ideas to get you started - choose one or more that you like:
Use wood in the flooring or wall coverings of your home
This can add a natural look and feel, as well as durability and warmth. Consider flooring options like hardwood or cork inspired by traditional floors, or a wallpaper featuring intricate wood designs.
Include wooden furniture in your home
Not only does this add character and style, but it also provides a comfortable and durable seating option. Choose pieces that feature natural finishes like oak or walnut to stand out from the crowd.
Incorporate wooden accessories into your decor
You can choose items like side tables, coffee tables, and trays that feature beautiful wood details. This will create a cohesive look in your space and provide storage options while adding personality to your pieces!
Wood shutters are a must-have in any home.
Not only does it help provide lighting options but they provide a unique and comfortable feeling to your home. In addition, shuttercraft.co.uk/shutter-styles/french-doors suggests that they provide privacy for your home while also supplying a stylish alternative to blinds. The wood material and finish give the windows an elevated look.
Choose avant-garde furniture with industrial metal details.
This is one of my personal favorites as it creates an artistic look while integrating modern style into your home decor. It's perfect for those who want something different without being too out there.
Add some wood accent pillows to your seating options
These cool pillows come in all shapes and sizes, from geometric shapes like squares, triangles or circles, to fun patterns like hearts or other designs that capture your eye!
What Kinds Of Wood Are There?
There are many types of wood, each with its own unique features and advantages. Here are some of the most common types:
- Ash: Ash is a softwood that's typically used for cabinets, flooring, and other furniture pieces. It's strong and easy to work with, making it a popular choice for DIYers.
- Beech: Beech is a hardwood that's commonly used for cabinetry and other furniture pieces. It's strong and durable, making it a popular choice for high-end homes.
- Birch: Birch is a softwood that's commonly used for flooring, cabinetry, and other furniture pieces. It's soft and easy to work with, making it a popular choice for those looking for an eco-friendly option.
- Cedar: Cedar is a hardwood that's commonly used for flooring, cabinetry, and other furniture pieces. It's strong and resistant to decay, making it a popular choice for homes with active pets or children.
- Mahogany: Mahogany is a hardwood that's commonly used for flooring, cabinets, furniture, and other items. It's strong and weather resistant, making it a popular choice for those looking for an eco-friendly option.
- Walnut: Walnut is a hardwood that's commonly used for flooring, cabinetry, and other furniture pieces. It's strong and durable, so it's a reliable wood to choose.
- White Oak: White Oak is a hardwood that's commonly used for flooring, cabinetry, and other furniture pieces. It's strong and durable, making it a popular choice for homes with active pets or children.
How To Clean Wood Furniture
If you have wood furniture in your home, you know that it can get dirty fast.
You can clean it with a variety of methods, but here are some ways to maintain the wood features in your home.
1. Use a natural wood cleaner. You can use a natural wood cleaner like lemon juice and water or white vinegar and water to clean wood furniture.
Just be sure to Dilute the solution before using it on the furniture - too much bleach will damage the finish.
2. Use an eco-friendly polishing cloth. If you don't want to use a traditional cleaning agent, try using an eco-friendly polishing cloth instead. Just apply polish to the cloth and then rub it on the wood surface. Be sure to use a light touch so you don't damage the finish.
3. Use a vacuum cleaner with a crevice tool attachment. If you have a vacuum cleaner with a crevice tool attachment, you can use it to clean wood furniture. Just place the tool in the crevice of the furniture and vacuum away!
Wood features can be a great way to add personality and character to your home. From flooring to cabinetry, there are countless ways you can incorporate wood into your interior design. Whether you choose to go for traditional materials like oak or maple or opt for more contemporary options like bamboo, there is sure to be a wood feature that fits your style. So why not start incorporating them into your home today?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Senior Content Creator
Aleksandra Djurdjevic is a senior writer and editor, covering jewelry, accessories, and trends. She’s also works with services, home décor. She has previously worked as ESL teacher for English Tochka. Aleksandra graduated from the Comparative Literature department at the Faculty of Philosophy in Serbia. Aleksandra’s love for the environment, crafts and natural products over the years helps her continue to be a top expert at Wooden Earth.